Table of Contents
- 1 GP2Y0E03 | Distance Sensor For Arduino
- 2 GP2Y0E03 Specifications
- 3 Introduction
- 4 Where to Buy?
- 5 Applications
- 6 Main Features
- 7 Connection Pin
- 8 Download Datasheet
- 9 Datasheet
- 10 Application Note
- 11 GP2Y0E03 Arduino Code
- 12 Project Using GP2Y0E03
- 13 Conclusion
- 14 More great stories from InnovatorsGuru
- 15 Alternative
The GP2Y0E03 Sharp Microelectronics Distance Sensors are a popular choice for many projects that require accurate distance measurements.
By detecting the reflective light spot position on the detector, This sensors measure the distance to an object. A CMOS image sensor can be used to measure distance with high accuracy. This sensor is good for distance range between 4cm-50cm. The long range makes them a good alternative to ultrasonic sensors.
|Sensing Distance||4 ~ 50cm|
|Output Type||I²C, Analog|
|Voltage – Supply||2.7V ~ 5.5V|
|Current – Supply||36mA|
|Voltage – Output Difference (Typ) @ Distance||1.65V @ 4 ~ 50cm|
|Voltage – Output (Typ) @ Distance||550mV @ 50cm|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C ~ 60°C (TA)|
|Size||16.7mm × 11mm × 5.2mm|
The variety of the reflectivity of the object, the environmental temperature and the operating duration are not influenced easily to the distance detection because of adopting the triangulation method.
Due to the adoption of the triangulation method, the variation of reflectivity of the object, the environmental temperature and the operating duration are not easily influenced to distance detection.
Interfacing of this distance sensor to microcontrollers such as Arduino, PIC, AVR, STM32 is straightforward as this module gives output voltage corresponding to the detection distance and digital(I2C) data. So this sensor can also be used as a proximity sensor.
Where to Buy?
This Infrared distance sensor made by Sharp Microelectronics. It is available in many online stores. Its price varies, but you can get it for approximately $3.8 in most stores.
Check Price on Aliexpress | Amazon.com | Amazon.in
This Infrared distance sensor is most suitable for Electronics and electrical projects and products such as
- Cleaning robot
- Humanoid robot
- Non-contact switch (sanitary equipment, illuminance control, etc.)
- Energy-saving sensors (ATM, copiers, LCD monitors, etc.)
- Amusement equipment (robot, game console, etc.)
- Built-in signal processing circuit
- Distance measuring range : 4 to 50 cm
- Low voltage operation : Min 2.7V
- Compact size (16.7 × 11.0 × 5.2mm)
- High-precision measurement
- Digital(I C) / Analog output type
The sensor has a 7 pin Japanese Solderless Terminal (JST) Connector that works with our 7-pin JST PH cables for Sharp distance sensors (included), as shown in the upper picture on the right.
|Vout(A)||Analog output voltage|
|VIN(IO):||I/O supplying voltage|
|GPIO1||Active / stand-by condition switching terminal|
|SDA||I2C data bus|
Project Using GP2Y0E03
- Dust Collection System Monitor
- Simple Arduino project to alert me when dust collection bin has a full.
It’s an excellent choice if you want a High precision measurement distance sensor without spending too much budget. Its also used as proximity detection. Best alternative for ultrasonic distance sensor. Performance under sunlight is not tested yet(please update in comment, if anyone Test how well the array works under sunlight).
- Dual Axis Solar tracking System Using GPS
- Automatic Power factor control
- IoT Project Ideas
- Core Electrical Engineering Projects
- Capacitor Bank Calculation For APFC Panel
- Simple Electrostatic Precipitator design
- Switching high voltage load using TRIAC
- Latest Seminar Topics for Electrical Engineering Students
GP2Y0E03 Sharp Distance Sensor
GP2Y0E03 is a distance sensor For Arduino projects. This sensor is best suitable for Cleaning and Humanoid robots, Touch-less switch and many more applications.