Table of Contents
- 1 ZMPT101B
- 1.1 Applications of Small Size Voltage transformer
- 1.2 Features of ZMPT 101B Micro Precision Voltage Transformers
- 1.3 Know More About Voltage Transformer
- 1.4 ZMPT101B schematic Diagram
- 1.5 Now we get 5 volts, but here an ambush. This voltage is vary from -5 to +5. And we need measurements of 0 … 5 volts. What to do? Straighten.
- 1.6 ZMPT 101B Transformer Calculation
- 1.7 Download links
- 1.8 DataSheet ZMPT101B
- 1.9 ZMPT101B Arduino Library
- 1.10 ZMPT
- 1.11 Interface ZMPT 101 B Module to Arduino
- 1.12 Feature of ZMPT101B Module
- 1.13 Voltage Transformer
- 1.14 ZMPT107 is Smaller AC Voltage Sensor
- 1.15 AC Pwer Measurement using ZMPT107 and ZMCT103C and Arduino
- 1.16 ZMPT107 Potential Transformer
ZMPT101B AC Voltage Sensor is the best for the purpose of the DIY project, where we need to measure the accurate AC voltage with voltage transformer. This is an ideal choice to measure the AC voltage using Arduino/ESP8266/Raspberry Pi like an opensource platform. In many electrical projects, engineer directly deals with measurements with few basic requirements like
- High galvanic isolation
- Wide Range
- High accuracy
- Good Consistency
ZMPT 101B is a high precision voltage Transformer. This module makes it easy to monitor AC mains voltage upto 1000 volts. if you want smaller version of this module check ZMPT107.
Applications of Small Size Voltage transformer
- Metering (electrical energy meters)
- AC Voltage measurment
- Sensing Overload Current
- Ground fault detection
- Household electrical equipment
- Industrial apparatuses
- Electrical testing equipment and relay protection
Features of ZMPT 101B Micro Precision Voltage Transformers
- low price
- small size (49.5mm x 19.4mm) and lightweight
- Easy PCB mounting
- Good consistency
- widely acclaimed
|Rated input current||2mA|
|Rated output current||2mA|
|Linear range||0~1000V 0~10mA|
|Isolation withstand voltage||4000V|
|Measurement accuracy Class||0.2|
|DC coil Resistance||110 @ 20 deg Cel|
ZMPT101B is a high precision voltage Transformer. This module makes it easy to monitor AC mains voltage upto 1000 volts. A tiny little thing the size of a bouillon cube. Holds up to 4kV per breakdown voltage, the ratio of turns is 1: 1, but this is a current transformer of 2mA: 2mA. That is, we feed it a current and remove the current. The input current is simply set by the resistor in series R1, and a sampling resistor R2 is used in parallel to obtain the output voltage.
Now we get 5 volts, but here an ambush. This voltage is vary from -5 to +5. And we need measurements of 0 … 5 volts. What to do? Straighten.
See in next section.
R1 is chosen so that the current through the winding does not exceed 2mA, it holds a maximum of 10mA, but after 2mA linearity is lost and the output will be clear that.
Step 1: Determination of maximum output rms voltage
VOutmax is decided by the ADC peak voltage in the sampling loop of Microcontroller.
For Bipolar ADC
As for ± 5V ADC，the maximum rms voltage of the transformer:
For Unipolar ADC
As for 0-3.3V ADC，the maximum rms voltage of the transformer:
Step 2: Determination of input current-limiting resistor R1
Vin：Rated input voltage
I ： Rated operating current （ when Coil resistance is compared with current-limiting resistor R1, it can be ignored.）
ZMPT101B usually working at rated current: 1~2mA.
When Rated input voltage ≤ 100V ，Usually choosing the operating current I=2mA; When Rated input voltage ≥ 220V，To reducing the resistor power， usually choosing the operating current 1 mA ≤ I ≤ 2 mA.
for example V=100V，I=2 mA，
for example: V=220V，I=1.1 mA，
To improve reliability, the current-limiting resistor selected usually is greater than its 4 times the rated power, and generally, use a high temperature coefficient metal film resistor.
Step 3: Determination of the sampling resistor R2
for example: Voutmax =3.53V，Vin =100V
The above formula is also suitable for the two ways of active and passive output.
When selecting the sampling resistor, Resistor should not exceed
For Diy Electronic measuring AC Output Voltage using Arduino is easy now.
ZMPT101B is a Single Phase Voltage Transformer Module which allows you to directly measure 0-250V AC sine wave using Arduino.
- Voltage Transformer: Onboard Precision Micro Voltage Transformer
- Operational amplifier circuit: high-precision on-board amplifier circuit, the signal to do the exact sampling and appropriate compensation.
- Input/Output: the module can measure AC voltage within 250V, the corresponding output voltage amplitude can be adjusted by using a potentiometer( Multi-turn trim pot).
- Output signal: the output signal for the sine wave, the waveform of the median (DC component(offset of 2.5V at 5V input supply)
- Supply voltage: 5V
- Operating temperature: 40ºC ~ + 70ºC